To know the mission statement of the health care facility and type of services that they provide.
- To be treated with dignity and respect, consistent with professional standards for all patients regardless of manner of payment, race, sex,
nationality, religion, culture, disability or any otherfactor.
- To receive care that is considerate, respectful of the patients’ personnel values and beliefs.
- To receive health care on the basis of clinical need
- To receive emergency medical care and treatment easily and quickly.
- To be referred to a specialist/consultant for special care when there is a clinical need.
- To receive detailed explanation of their condition, care, treatment and aftercare, in terms
that are free from professional jargon in order that the patient can fully understand.
- Patient has the right to access their Medical Record and Medical Information
- Right to a second opinion or to have their care transferred to another physician if they are not satisfied with the care or opinion provided.
- To privacy during examination, procedures, clinical care/ treatment; and they have to right to know who is in attendance and the purpose of
those in attendance on them.
- Patient has the right to informed consent for treatment, procedures, interventions, as per HAAD Consent Policy (Reference PPR/ HCP/ P0003/07).
- To receive verbal and written information about any proposed treatment and to be told if there are any alternatives available.
- To have all clinical and pharmaceutical records kept fully updated and relevant, information fully documented and personal details and records are
kept fully confidential and protected from loss and misuse.
- Have the freedom to choose their pharmaceutical care provider
- To receive relevant, current and understandable information concerning their drugs and treatment
- In decision making about their drugs and treatment choices
- To discuss and request information related to their specific drug therapy, possible adverse side effects and drug interactions
- To have drug therapy monitored for safety and efficacy and to make reasonable efforts to detect and prevent drug allergies, adverse reactions or
- To monitor the patient compliance and proper drug use and institute remedial interventions when necessary
- To be provided with Arabic/English interpreter services; and all other language barriers will be accommodated based upon available of translation resources.
- To have any complaint that they may make, acknowledged, fully investigated, and be provided with a written response as per the facility policy
- To be protected from physical assault during their visit/ stay in the health care facility
- To appropriate protection if they are children, disabled, elderly or vulnerable.
- To care at the end of their life which is respectful and compassionate
- To bring their medical card/ insurance card with them every time they attend the health care facility
- To follow the rules and regulations of the health care facility.
- To show respect and to be courteous to the staff
- Not use abusive language and/or display unsocial behavior to other patients, visitors or staff.
- To show consideration for other patients needs, especially where their needs are greater.
- To use the emergency and walk in services appropriately.
- Should give accurate information about personal details and past medical history as well as to inform the medical staff of any treatments and medications that they are taking and history of allergy or of allergic reaction to any medication
- Be accountable for their own actions if they decide not to follow the health care provider instructions and/or treatment plan and recommendations
- To safeguard any belonging that they decide to keep in their possession after they have been admitted
- To keep outpatient appointments and inform the clinic if they are unable to attend, in advance so that the appointment may be used for someone else in need.
- Inform the medical staff if they have any special requirements for discharge and are requested to be prepared to go home once medically discharged from the hospital.
- Is accountable for the payment of the services provided by the health care facility as applicable.
Fill out the form and one of our friendly team members will contact you shortly